In the linked article excerpted from the forthcoming book Your Complete Guide to a Safe and Secure Retirement, our guru Larry Swedroe and BAM Alliance Advisor Katie Keary explore the unique challenges women face from financial and life circumstance related to long-term retirement planning.
This informative article goes in depth on 12 challenges uniquely faced by women, including that they:
1. Earn less.
2. Live longer.
3. Have fewer years of earned income.
4. Start investing later.
5. Are less confident about their personal finance and investing skills.
6. Are less aggressive investors.
7. Are less satisfied with the current financial advisory industry.
8. Are more likely to bear the physical, emotional, and financial brunt of the “sandwich generation” – caring for both children and elderly parents.
9. If divorced, face specific challenges and obstacles.
10. Are less likely to remarry after a “gray divorce” – divorce over age 50 – or becoming widowed later in life.
11. Are more subject to elder abuse.
12. Are statistically likely to die single, divorced, or widowed.
Click here to view the full article.